Terms and Conditions
Welcome to The Fasting Method Community!
Intensive Dietary Management Inc.’s (“Intensive Dietary Management“, “The Fasting Method”,”We”, “Us”, or “Our”, as applicable) current mission is to provide visitors and users, such as yourself (“You”), with education regarding intermittent fasting and low carbohydrate diets. To achieve Our mission, We provide You with knowledge, tools, and inspiration that We believe will benefit You.
Below are the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) that apply anytime You use or access Our “Services” which include:
- the Intensive Dietary Management mobile applications (“Apps”);
- Our online platform and related services available through Our website and Mobile Apps, except as otherwise specified below (“Platform”); and
- any Intensive Dietary Management services, resources, blog posts, educational material, content, Apps, or the free community Facebook group (located at www.facebook.com/groups/obesitycodenetwork/ and www.facebook.com/thefastingmethod)
Before agreeing to participate, it is important that You read and understand the Terms. Through Your use of Our Services, You agree to these Terms, and acknowledge Our
To the extent additional rules or guidelines of Intensive Dietary Management affect Your use of Our Services, those rules and guidelines hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms. Additionally, if You subscribe to Our Fasting Method Community, the additional Community terms (below) will apply in connection with Your subscription. Additionally, You represent and warrant that You have read and agree to Our Participation Terms.
You are voluntarily choosing to participate in The Fasting Method Community.
The Services We provide at Intensive Dietary Management (or IDM.health or The Fasting Method or thefastingmethod.com) are for informational purposes only and do not replace or constitute a substitute for professional or medical advice, consultation, evaluation, diagnosis, or treatment with a qualified medical professional (“Medical Advice”). Nothing contained in Our Website or the Services shall be interpreted as a substitute for Medical Advice; We are not a medical organization and Our staff cannot give You Medical Advice or diagnosis. Intensive Dietary Management does not endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, diets, lifestyle changes, opinions, or other information that may be referred to by the Services.
You should inform and consult with Your physician or healthcare provider before making any changes to Your lifestyle or beginning any programs, including Our program(s), and obtain periodic medical checkups with Your physician. Medical monitoring is especially important for people with a known medical condition. This Website and the Services are intended for use only by adults over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. You acknowledge that Your use of the Services is solely at Your own risk. For questions or concerns about Your health or any medical conditions You may have, please contact Your physician or healthcare provider.
The Fasting Method’s Management Membership site is facilitated by Intensive Dietary Management staff. You acknowledge and agree that the Intensive Dietary Management staff cannot provide Medical Advice, interpret medical results, or issue or change prescriptions, and that the staff are not physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dieticians, nutritionists, or any other regulated health professionals (collectively, “HCPs”). You shall not treat any interaction with the Intensive Dietary Management staff as an interaction with an HCP or any information obtained through Intensive Dietary Management staff or the Services as Medical Advice. You are fully and solely responsible for any changes that You make to Your lifestyle.
THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY USER CONTENT (AS DEFINED BELOW) AND TESTIMONIALS FOUND WITHIN THE SERVICES, ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS”, “WHERE-IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND. WE, ON BEHALF OF OURSELVES AND ANY AFFILIATES AND INTENSIVE DIETARY MANAGEMENT STAFF HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, AND GUARANTEES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES (INCLUDING ANY USER CONTENT AND TESTIMONIALS), WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, INCLUDING WITH RESPECT TO MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, OR RELIABILITY. WE PROVIDE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THEIR OPERATION, PROVISION, OR AVAILABILITY WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES/MALWARE, OR OTHER HARMFUL CONDITIONS OR COMPONENTS. WE PROVIDE NO WARRANTY THAT ANY DEFECT IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY AGREEING TO THE TERMS AND USING THE SERVICES, YOU HAVE NOT RELIED ON ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR GUARANTEES MADE BY US.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE, ANY AFFILIATED COMPANIES, OR ANY INTENSIVE DIETARY MANAGEMENT STAFF, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, LICENSORS, VENDORS, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, OR PROVIDERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING A THIRD PARTY’S OR YOUR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICES. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, AND EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF INCOME, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF DATA, BODILY HARM, AND LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY), WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, EXTRA CONTRACTUAL FAULT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF, OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF, OR HAVE EXPRESS KNOWLEDGE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES, OR WITH THESE TERMS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICES IMMEDIATELY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE BY YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY AND WILL IN NO WAY BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HEALTH, BODILY INTEGRITY, MEDICAL WELLBEING, OR HEALTHCARE OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY. APPLICABLE LAW (AS DEFINED BELOW) MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE, SO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF INTENSIVE DIETARY MANAGEMENT, ANY AFFILIATED COMPANIES, OR ANY OF OUR EMPLOYEES, STAFF, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, VENDORS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, OR PROVIDERS UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES FOR LIABILITIES THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED WILL NOT EXCEED $50 CAD.
You acknowledge that You may have or may in the future have claims against Us which You do not know or suspect to exist in Your favor when You agreed to these Terms and which if known, might materially affect Your consent to these Terms. You expressly waive all rights You may have under Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which states:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Usernames, Passwords and Security
Your username and password will be Your identity for purposes of interacting with Intensive Dietary Management and other users through the Services. You shall keep confidential, shall not disseminate, and shall use solely in accordance with this Agreement, Your username and password for the Services. You shall immediately notify Intensive Dietary Management if You learn of or suspect: (i) any loss or theft of Your username or password, or (ii) any unauthorized use of Your username or password or of the Services. In the event of such loss, theft, or unauthorized use, Intensive Dietary Management may impose on You, at Intensive Dietary Management 's sole discretion, additional security obligations. If any unauthorized person obtains access to the Services as a result of any act or omission by You, You shall use Your best efforts to ascertain the source and manner of acquisition and shall fully and promptly brief Intensive Dietary Management . You shall otherwise cooperate and assist in any investigation relating to any such unauthorized access.
Copyright and Trademark Information
All content, copyrightable material, and other intellectual property rights in the content available on Our Services, including without limitation design, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof (collectively “Content”), are owned by Intensive Dietary Management or users with all rights reserved, or in some cases may be licensed to Intensive Dietary Management by third parties. This Content is protected by the intellectual property rights of Intensive Dietary Management or those owners. All trademarks displayed on Our Services are the trademarks of their respective owners, and constitute neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of such parties. In addition, such use of trademarks or links to the websites of third parties is not intended to imply, directly or indirectly, that those third parties endorse or have any affiliation with Intensive Dietary Management .
While using the Services, You may have the opportunity to upload or post materials or comments (“Your Content”), and to view the posts and comments of other users (“User Content”).
You shall not include anything in Your Content that: (a) is obscene, defamatory, or scandalous; (b) infringes, violates, or misappropriates any intellectual property rights of any third party; (c) constitutes spam or advertising; (d) is intended to impact or degrade the performance of the Services or the performance of other users’ devices; (e) impersonates Intensive Dietary Management or any of Our employees; or (f) violates any Applicable Laws or regulations. You acknowledge and agree that We may moderate, review, edit, modify, alter, remove, delete, or block any of Your Content in Our sole discretion and without any further obligation to You.
We, Our customers, Our affiliates, Our employees, and Our representatives may collect, use, store, and disclose all or part of Your Content in any manner, for any purpose, and at any time (including after any termination of these Terms and/or after You discontinue Your use of the Services), and You hereby consent to any such collection, use, storage, and disclosure. By submitting Your Content to the Services, You represent and warrant that You have all rights, power, and authority necessary to grant the rights to Your Content contained within these Terms. You hereby grant to Us and Our affiliates, employees, and representatives an unlimited, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferrable, assignable, and unrestricted license to collect, use, store, perform publicly, translate, modify, create derivative works from, publish, and disclose any and all of Your Content in any manner, for any purpose, and at any time (including after any termination of these Terms and/or after You discontinue Your use of the Services). You irrevocably waive any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content.
User Content is owned by the author thereof, and Intensive Dietary Management does not claim ownership of original works created and posted by individual visitors to the Services. You acknowledge and agree that We are under no obligation to moderate, review, edit, modify, alter, remove, delete, or block any User Content and that We have no responsibility or liability arising from any User Content, including for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, hate speech, danger, illegality, or inaccuracy in the User Content. However, Intensive Dietary Management reserves the right (but has no obligation) in its sole discretion to pre-screen, edit, refuse, move or remove any User Content that is posted on the Services. You agree that the exercise by Intensive Dietary Management of such discretion shall not convert or transform User Content to content owned or provided by Intensive Dietary Management , and the user who made such User Content available on the Services will retain ownership thereof as described below.
Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement
In the event that You find content posted on Our Services which You believe to be an infringement of the copyright of any third party, please immediately contact Intensive Dietary Management ’s Copyright Agent as described below. To report any alleged infringement, please contact Us in writing by providing a signed statement containing the following information pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"):
Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, and if You are acting on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property, the name of the owner;
- a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that You are the owner of the copyright or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
- a detailed description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that You claim has been infringed;
- if Your claim is based on a registered work, the registration number, and the date of issuance of the registration;
- a description of the infringing material and the URL where such material is located on the Services, or a description of where on Our Services You found such material;
- Your written statement that You believe, in good faith, that the use of the work on Our Services has not been authorized by the true owner of the work, its agent, or as a matter of law; and
- a statement that all of the information You have provided is true.
Please send Your notice of alleged infringement to Us:
304 Crestwood Road, Bolton, ON, L7E 3V7, Canada
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “DMCA Notice”
In accordance with the DMCA, it is the policy of Intensive Dietary Management to terminate use of Our Services by repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.
Links to Third-Party Sites
You may not engage in any of the following with regard to the Services (including without limitation posting or transmitting content through the Services):
- violate or encourage the violation of any Applicable Laws;
- collect or store personal data about other users of Our Services or solicit personal information from any individual without proper rights or consent of the individual;
- send or promote any message that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, abusive, sexually explicit, threatening, vulgar, obscene, profane, disparaging regarding racial, gender or ethnic background, any statement that You have reason to know is false or misleading, or otherwise objectionable messages, as determined by Intensive Dietary Management in its sole discretion;
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or privacy, or other right of any party, or distribute any content You do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- promote or distribute any unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or material which can be characterized as "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or similar material, any request for or solicitation of money, goods, or services for private gain, or any information posted primarily for advertising, promotional, or other commercial purposes;
- disrupt or interfere with the security or use of the Services or any websites or content linked to them;
- interfere with or damage the integrity of the Services, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, Trojan horses, harmful code, denial of Services attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or email address information or similar methods or technology or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to Our Services;
- use the Services to store or transmit code, files, scripts, agents or programs intended to do harm, including, for example, viruses, worms, time bombs or Trojan horses;
- attempt to use another user, person or entity, misrepresent Your affiliation with a person or entity, including (without limitation) Intensive Dietary Management or create or use a false identity;
- attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Services or portions thereof that are restricted from general access;
- use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Intensive Dietary Management name, trademarks, or product names;
- attempt to reverse engineer or otherwise derive or obtain the code in any form for any software used in the Services;
- engage in any activity that interferes with any third party’s ability to use or enjoy the Services; or
- assist any third party in engaging in any activity prohibited by these Terms.
Further, without Our written consent, You may not:
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, create derivative works, or exploit for any commercial purpose any Intensive Dietary Management content or any use of or access to the Services;
- use any high volume, automated, or electronic means (including, without limitation, robots, spiders, scripts, or other automated devices) to access the Services or monitor or copy Our web pages or the content contained thereon;
- deep link to the Services for any purpose; or frame the Services, place pop-up windows over any content, or otherwise affect the display of the Services;
- access the Services in order to build a competitive Services or to benchmark with a non-Intensive Dietary Management Services; or
- reverse engineer the Services (to the extent such restriction is permitted by law).
You will not sue Intensive Dietary Management, its parent and affiliated companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, vendors, suppliers, licensors, distributors, or providers, and hereby waive any and all claims against such parties relating to any loss, damage, or liability whatsoever arising out of or related to Your use of the Services, acts or omissions in response to Your use of the Services, and acts or omissions of other users related to the Services. You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Intensive Dietary Management, its parent and affiliated companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, vendors, suppliers, licensors, distributors, and providers from and against any claims, actions, or demands, including, without limitation, legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from Your breach of the Terms, use or misuse of the Services, Your violation of any laws, regulations or third party rights, Your negligent act or omission, Your willful misconduct, or Your reliance on the Services as Medical Advice or any other form of lifestyle or health advice.
License and Ownership
Provided You comply with the Terms, We hereby grant to You a revocable, limited, non-transferrable, non-assignable, non-exclusive, personal license to use the Services in accordance with the Terms, and any other terms, conditions, instructions, or guidelines made available through or in connection with the Services.
The Services are exclusively Our property and are protected by copyright, trade-mark and other intellectual property laws. Any rights not expressly granted by Us to You are reserved by Us, and We disclaim any implied rights and licenses.
You will not copy, reproduce, publish, display, disclose, sell, rent, lease, modify, store, loan, distribute, or create derivative works from the Services and/or any User Content, or any part thereof. You will not assign, sublicense, convey or otherwise transfer, pledge as security or otherwise encumber the rights and licenses granted hereunder with respect to the Services and/or any User Content. You will not copy, reverse engineer, translate, adapt, scrape, store, collect, or modify the Services and/or User Content, or any part thereof. You will not distribute, post, publish, market, co-brand, or private label the Services and/or User Content, or any part thereof. You will not use the Services and/or User Content, or any part thereof: (a) for the benefit of any other person or entity, (b) to create any new content, software, components, designs or tools, including for the purpose of competing with, replacing, or emulating the Services or User Content; (c) use the Services or User Content for any commercial purpose whatsoever; or (d) in competition with Us in any way. You will not cause, assist or permit any third party to do any of the foregoing.
Providing Feedback to Intensive Dietary Management
We welcome Your comments and feedback about Our Services. All information and materials submitted to Intensive Dietary Management through the Services or otherwise, such as any comments, feedback, ideas, questions, designs, data, User Content, or the like regarding or relating to the Services or the business of Intensive Dietary Management (collectively, "Feedback"), will be considered NON-CONFIDENTIAL and NON-PROPRIETARY with regard to You, but Intensive Dietary Management reserves the right to treat any such Feedback as the confidential information of Intensive Dietary Management .
By submitting Feedback to Intensive Dietary Management, You assign to the Intensive Dietary Management , free of charge, all worldwide rights, title and interest in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in such Feedback. Intensive Dietary Management will be entitled to use any Feedback You submit, and any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any such Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such Feedback without restriction and without compensating You in any way. You are responsible for the information and other content contained in any Feedback You submit to Us, including, without limitation, its truthfulness and accuracy.
If You fail to comply with these Terms, then: (a) You are required to immediately stop using the Services; and (b) the Terms will terminate immediately and without notice to You. In Our sole discretion, We may terminate or restrict Your use of the Services at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to You or any third party for any termination of the Terms or any termination or restriction of Your right to use the Services. In the event that the Terms are terminated for any reason: (i) You are required to immediately stop using the Services; (ii) the license to use the Services as set out herein will terminate contemporaneously; and (iii) with the exception of the license to use the Services, all other terms and conditions in the Terms will survive such termination.
You acknowledge that any violation of these Terms will cause irreparable damage or injury to Us, the exact amount of which may be impossible to ascertain, and that, for such reason, in addition to any other remedies available to Us, We are entitled to proceed immediately to court in order to obtain, and You will consent to, interim, interlocutory, and final injunctive relief restraining You from breaching, and requiring You to comply with, Your obligations pursuant to these Terms, without a requirement that a finding of irreparable harm or other criteria for the awarding of injunctive relief be made. You acknowledge the importance to Us of Your strict compliance with the terms and conditions of these Terms and acknowledge that Our interest in the strict enforcement of these Terms will outweigh the balance of convenience or harm that You may suffer as a result of the strict enforcement of these Terms. Nothing in this Section will be construed to limit the right of Intensive Dietary Management to obtain injunctive relief in any other circumstance in which We may be otherwise entitled to such relief.
Consent to Electronic Communications
By using the Services, You agree that Intensive Dietary Management may communicate with You electronically regarding Your use of the Services and related matters, and that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that Intensive Dietary Management sends to You electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that the communications be in writing. To withdraw Your consent to Your receipt of electronic notice, please notify Intensive Dietary Management at: email@example.com.
Modifications and Interruptions
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or any portion of Our Services with or without notice to You. We will not be liable if We choose to exercise this right. You acknowledge and accept that We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to Our Services, or that Our Services will be error free. You understand that usage of Our Services may be interfered with or adversely affected by numerous factors or circumstances outside of Our control.
Compliance with Laws
You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations of Canada and other countries (“Applicable Laws”) to ensure that the Services are not used for or in connection with any purpose prohibited by Applicable Laws.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. You attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario with respect to any proceedings arising from these Terms.
These Terms (including the terms herein, the and any terms incorporated herein by reference) constitutes the entire agreement between You and Intensive Dietary Management with respect to the Services. Except as expressly provided herein, these Terms supersede and cancel all previous or contemporaneous written and oral agreements, communications, proposals, and representations relating to the subject matter contained herein.
Notice for California Residents
If You are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code §1789.3, You may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
Change of Terms
We may amend these Terms at any time, in Our sole discretion. Your continued use of the Services following any such amendment constitutes Your acceptance of such amendment. You acknowledge that it is Your responsibility to periodically review these Terms and any applicable changes and You hereby waive any entitlement to notice of changes to the terms and conditions contained herein. If You do not agree with any such amendment, then: (a) You are required to immediately stop using the Services; and (b) these Terms will terminate immediately and without notice to You.
No failure or delay of Intensive Dietary Management in exercising any right, power or remedy under these Terms will operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any single or partial exercise thereof preclude any other or further exercise of any right, power or remedy under these Terms. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal, this will in no way affect the application of such provision in any other circumstance, or the validity or enforceability of these Terms or any other provision herein. Section headings used in these Terms are intended for convenience only and will not affect the interpretation or construction of these Terms. These Terms will inure to the benefit of, and be binding on, both You and Intensive Dietary Management and any successors and permitted assigns. You shall not assign Your rights or obligations under these Terms without Our prior written consent. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by these Terms.
Intensive Dietary Management Inc. participates in the Amazon Associate Program and as an Amazon Associate We earn from qualifying purchases.
Additional Terms: Apple App Store
These Terms apply to Your use the iPhone and iPad applications available via the Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) App Store (the “Application”):
- Both You and Intensive Dietary Management acknowledge that the Terms are concluded between You and Intensive Dietary Management only, and not with Apple, and that Apple is not responsible for the Application or the Content;
- The Application is licensed to You on a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable basis, solely to be used in connection with the Services for your private, personal, non-commercial use, subject to all the terms and conditions of these Terms as they are applicable to the Services;
- You will only use the Application in connection with an Apple device that You own or control;
- You acknowledge and agree that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application;
- In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, including those implied by law, You may notify Apple of such failure; upon notification, Apple’s sole warranty obligation to You will be to refund to You the purchase price, if any, of the Application;
- You acknowledge and agree that Intensive Dietary Management , and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims You or any third party may have in relation to the Application;
- You acknowledge and agree that, in the event of any third party claim that the Application or Your possession and use of the Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Intensive Dietary Management , and not Apple, will be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such infringement claim;
- You represent and warrant that You are not located in a country subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and that You are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
- Both You and Intensive Dietary Management acknowledge and agree that, in Your use of the Application, You will comply with any applicable third-party terms of agreement which may affect or be affected by such use; and
- Both You and Intensive Dietary Management acknowledge and agree that Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that upon Your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against You as the third party beneficiary hereof.
Additional Terms: The Fasting Method Community
Payments, Subscriptions and Automatic Renewals
The Fasting Method Community (“Community”) is a subscription-based Services with monthly or annual memberships that will automatically renew until You cancel Your membership. Subject to the terms below, Your membership can be cancelled at anytime by logging into Your account. If You require support, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org" email@example.com. All memberships will remain active until the end of a member’s current billing cycle. If Your subscription started with a free trial, Your chosen method of payment will be automatically billed once Your trial period has ended.
If for any reason Your payment method is not processed successfully, We reserve the right to suspend Your access to the Community until Your subscription is brought into good standing.
For members that signed up through idmprogram.com or thefasthingmethod.com, Your monthly or annual membership payments are processed through PayPal or Stripe, or the applicable application marketplace (such as the App Store or Google Play) (“Payment Processors”). All payment information is handled in accordance with Payment Card Industry (“PCI”) guidelines with Our Payment Processors. Our subscriptions are recurring and renew automatically upon the end of the term. You hereby authorize Us to continue to charge the method of payment You have provided to one of Our Payment Processors until You have cancelled Your subscription.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
All Community subscriptions are non-refundable, except where required by law or any applicable partner/Services provider terms. Once Your subscription is cancelled You will retain access to Your account until the end of Your current billing cycle. No partial refunds will be issued. All memberships must be cancelled at least a day before Your next billing cycle begins. While We may attempt to processes cancellations submitted thereafter, You are responsible for renewal payments that may process due to any late cancellation.
For new subscribers We routinely offer free trials. Each user is only authorized for one free trial with the exception of current or past subscribers who have purchased a coaching package through Our Personalized Coaching Program who have received a subsequent free trial with the purchase of a coaching package. If We discover a client has abused or circumvented Our free trial offer, We reserve the right to immediately process their payment for the type of subscription they have chosen.
If You are an existing subscriber and You purchased a coaching package that is eligible for a free trial, You must cancel Your current subscription and signup again using the link or promotional code provided to You for the free trial. No refunds will be issued if You failed to cancel Your subscription and signup again using the promotional code or link.
Occasionally We might adjust the pricing of Our subscriptions. For any price increases We will provide existing users with a minimum of 30 days notice. If You do not cancel Your subscription within these 30 days, We would have deemed You in acceptance and agreeance with the new subscription fee.
If You subscribed to the Community through a promotional offer, the offer is valid for one use only and for the time specified in the offer. After Your promotional period has ended, Your membership will be renewed at the current subscription fee.
If You received a coupon code with the purchase of a Coaching Package, the coupon code is valid for one use and may not be shared with other potential users. If We find that the code has been shared, We reserve the right to immediately charge or delete the shared users’ account.
Product Specific Terms
Please note, some products and services (such as our Masterclass Services) may be subject to additional Terms and Conditions. Please see the applicable purchase terms, refund policies, and related conditions on Our Website or that have been provided to You in connection with Your purchase or subscription.
Additional Terms THE FASTING METHOD PARTICIPATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to The Fasting Method (“TFM”) by Intensive Dietary Management (“IDM”)! Before you participate in TFM, it is important that you read, understand and agree to the following that describes the purposes, risks and benefits of TFM.
Introduction and Purpose:
TFM uses an intensive form of dietary therapy called fasting (which involves abstaining from food for a certain prescribed period of time). The hope is that this can be an effective form of dietary therapy and improve health conditions for some individuals.
Your participation is entirely voluntary and at your own choice. You can choose to not participate at any time.
TFM may not be suitable for everyone. By participating, you agree that:
- You have consulted with and obtained consent from your physician to participate in TFM, and your physician has determined that it is medically safe for you to do so; and
- You will continue to meet and consult with your physician regularly throughout your participation in TFM, including in relation to: obtaining regular medical exams (with blood and urine tests as necessary to avoid low or high blood sugar), and regular advice relating to any medication, treatment, or physical exercise needs; and
- You are not pregnant, suspect that you are or might become pregnant or are currently breastfeeding.
- You are at least 18 years of age or older and are of at least the age of majority in your country of residence.
You also acknowledge and agree that TFM is not a medically supervised program, and that you and your physician are in all instances responsible for your own medical care, direction and advice. In particular:
- TFM is facilitated by IDM staff (including independent contractors and agents acting on IDM’s behalf). These staff members are not medical doctors, nurses, pharmacists or regulated health professionals. They cannot give medical advice, diagnose, treat or evaluate medical conditions, interpret medical results, or issue or change prescriptions. They may give you dietary information.
- Nothing obtained through our website (thefastingmethod.com), IDM staff or representatives shall be interpreted as a substitute for medical advice. IDM does not endorse any specific tests, products, or procedures.
- You are aware that your participation in TFM does not replace the need for regular medical exams or consultations. Medical monitoring is especially important for people with a known or pre-existing medical condition. During and after completion of TFM, you agree to continue medical care with your regular physician.
- In the event that you have any issues or questions about TFM and its impact on your health, you agree to consult with your physician immediately before proceeding.
- Especially if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, electrolytes, blood counts and urinary tests should be monitored to ensure your safe use of the Program by your physician.
Risks of Participating in TFM:
Like other forms of dietary therapy, there are risks of participating in TFM. These include, but are not limited to:
- Low Blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia) – For certain individuals, during the intensive period of the dietary therapy, your need for medications and/or insulin may be reduced. You will need to be closely monitored by your physician for the occurrence of low or high blood sugar levels. If you develop low blood sugar, you should immediately take steps to correct the situation even if it means breaking the fasting period. In all respects, you must seek the medical advice of your physician. TFM can only provide you with dietary information.
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) – During the intensive period of the dietary therapy, it is possible that your blood pressure may be reduced and especially if you are taking blood pressure medications, you may feel dizzy or faint. You need to be closely monitored for this occurrence by your physician. If you develop any of these symptoms, you should report them to your doctor immediately.
- Inter-current Illness – If you become sick for any reason, it is expected that you will immediately stop the dietary protocol and seek medical advice from your physician. Feelings of persistent nausea, vomiting, feelings of unwellness, fatigue, palpitations, hypoglycemia, feeding syndrome are NOT NORMAL and not part of TFM.
- Other common side effects include but are not limited to –
increased hunger and/or thirst, bad breath, rash, constipation and/or diarrhea, flu-like symptoms (headaches, dizziness, muscle cramps, mental fog lethargy), hair loss insomnia and/or restlessness.
- Potential aggravation of pre-existing conditions or possible side effects that can be induced by fasting – acid reflux, gout and kidney stones.
There may also be other serious risks to participating, depending on your personal health status, condition or medical needs. Please consult with your physician before and during any participation in TFM.
If you are currently being seen by more than one of our Coaches and other practitioners, or have previously seen one Coach and have signed up with a new one, you grant us the right for the notes to be shared between the Coaches and other practitioners
Nadir M Ali, MD PLLC
Online Consults are cash pay services that are not covered by health insurance. Online consults are not intended to establish a provider-patient relationship as our providers are unable to diagnose, treat or prescribe medication without a face-to-face encounter, as mandated by US state licensing regulations. Our healthcare professionals can however discuss online the general approaches to specific health and lifestyle concerns with clients. All communication is private and protected. We maintain a secure record of all communication.
Waiver, Release and Indemnification:
I hereby waive, release and forever discharge the officers, directors, members, representatives, successors and assignees of The Fasting Method, Nadir M Ali, MD PLLC. Intensive Dietary Management Inc. (collectively, “Releasees”), from any and all actions, causes of action, damages, lawsuits, claims, demands, costs and expenses and any other liability for injuries, damages or any kind whatsoever, whether in law or in equity (collectively, “Claims”) resulting directly or indirectly from my participation in the Program. I further agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Releasees from any and all Claims which hereinafter may be brought or made against the Releasees for any damage or personal injury, including illness or death, to any third party or myself, resulting directly or indirectly from my participation in the Program offered by or associated with the Releasees. I understand and agree that the office will not file a claim to my insurance on my behalf and understand at this time I will not be able to file a claim on my own to my insurance for reimbursement for services performed by Nadir M Ali, MD, PLLC. I understand and agree that the Releasees shall assume no responsibility or liability for me for accident, illness or damage resulting from my participation in the Program.
BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS I AGREE THAT I HAVE FULLY READ, UNDERSTOOD AND CONSENT TO THE RISKS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM AND THE BILLING TERMS.
WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOREGOING, I AGREE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM AT MY OWN RISK. I AGREE TO SEEK REGULAR MEDICAL ADVICE FROM MY PHYSICIAN AT ALL TIMES DURING MY PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM.